Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Final - Week 1

For my final project, I plan to use lighting, basic shapes, 3D camera, basic animations, masks, and perhaps particles to create a stylized, fantastical, and perhaps cartoonish world. Maybe more things. Not sure exactly yet.

I like the idea of using basic shapes to create images. So most of the images that I will be creating for my project will be made up of these basic shapes.

Ultimately, I want to use a 3D camera to move through this world that I create. So there will be a lot of layers and a lot of basic animations for these shapes.

I have a few ideas, but I'm not quite sure how I'll go about doing the animations at this point.

First, I'd like to move a camera through a field of 2D flowers as if a person were running through this field. And as he "runs" through this field, I'd like the flower petals to blow around him. I might need to use expressions for this to animate each flower petal (then just copy and paste these around). I'd also like to use rectangles to form a sort of enclosure around some flowers. And use masks to "animate" the fence, as if it were rising from the ground.

Finally, I eventually want 2D balloons to rise and maybe fireworks to come up.

This seems a little complicated, but I mostly just want a lot of dramatic 3D camera movements to create a whimsical little animation. Not sure if this will be possible to do by deadline.

Breakdown of work:

Week 1: Begin creating individual objects (flowers, balloons). I figure I will have to use some masking to apply textures onto my flowers. Also my flowers will have to be oriented in 3D space. Gotta figure this out. Insert backgrounds of some kind? Field/Sky.
Week 2: Animation. (Omit if flowers take too long). Animate flower petals in 3D and apply 3D camera. Animate fences. Insert backgrounds of some kind? Field/Sky.
Week 3: Animate 2D balloons and create some fireworks.
Week 4: Polish.

Hope that I can do this successfully. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment