Thursday, October 14, 2010

Scene: Lighthouse

So I totally switched what I was building. Instead of a minaret, I decided to go with a lighthouse (I just wasn't feeling the minaret). So, I did. I mean, I worked on this a great deal and once I started getting going, it was kind of fun. I did a lot of extrusions to carve out details in the door, for example, but beyond that, I was kind of stumped in how to go about further creating detail.


Inside the lighthouse, I placed another cylinder and a sphere on top - this is the "light" part of the house. And I made the faces to part of that cylinder transparent so that you can see through it.

I added windows as well. That was pretty fun. I wish I could've added a staircase inside, but that seemed too difficult for me at this point.

Finally, I created an ocean using the Create Ocean tool on Maya. Talk about too high leveled! After having created this, I wasn't able to move my camera or anything. Good thing I had a back up file. I wish I had made a cliff on which my lighthouse could stand. Because right now, it's just a lighthouse in an ocean (how strange).

Ben - I didn't get a chance to post my scene onto transfers. I will do that next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment