Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lighthouse - Textured


My lighthouse exterior is composed of only one polygon, so it was mighty time consuming putting on the textures to the individual faces. I mostly used blinn, because the photos of lighthouses on google images made it look as they were just painted (and not made of stone or wood or snow or anything). I tried to give the door a metallic look. And the interior cylinder a wooden texture. My favorite part is the window. It is so cute.

Here's how they turned out:

Finally, sometimes, when I would try to put a texture onto one face, it would change the texture of other unrelated unselected faces. Why would something like that happen? Because of this, Maya frustrated me like no other this week.

Also, I'm still playing around with the textures for the framing around the door, for the roof, and for the banister around the top. But because of the aforementioned issue with maya, I just placed my existing red/white blinns on them.

I'm also having this issue where I put on a white texture to a face and it renders out red. Why is this?????

No comments:

Post a Comment